Change Your Life - Get Your Free Book

Do you long to let go of self-centeredness and be more eternally minded? Do you desire to make a difference in the lost world but aren't sure how to go about it? The gripping message in Revolution In World Missions can radically change your life. To Get Your Copy Of This Free Book.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why Do So Many People Think Being A Lukewarm Christian Is OK

In today's society, people have got to be a unbeliever or a lukewarm Christian to get along with people at school, college and your work. Because we are not cool, if we share Jesus with someone. They might think we are weird or something and maybe even make fun of us.

I woke up after only 4 hours of sleep with this Article flooding my mind and I had to jot it down on a note pad so I could share with you.

Christians who live their life as being lukewarm, causes God to have an upset stomach, causing Him to vomit. We can actually read this in (Revelation 3:16)

16. So because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue (vomit) you out of my mouth.

What this verse is saying is, when we try to hide our Christianity from people because we are ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because we are afraid of what people around us can imagine. It makes God sick to His stomach.

Listen very carefully, you can not have or want both worlds. It does not work that way.

It's like you are going swimming and not getting wet. The truth is that you are standing either on land totally dry or in water, and you are soaking wet.

Wait, do you want people to play pretend and play make believe with you? Because you think you are suspended between two worlds. By saying you are a christian but living a life of sin. You must stop trying to play pretend and get real with yourself and the other people in your life.

But you say? You do not understand, nobody understands. That there is so much peer pressure these days to mix with others at school and my work. I am ashamed to tell my friends that I am a Christian. They might make fun of me. Listen, I understand from my heart. I am 56 years old today. I think it's the other way. It's you that does not understand the seriousness of not being real with yourself and others.

The truth is. Are you real with yourself or are you faking it with everyone else? Either a person is lost or saved. There is no middle ground when it comes to serving God.

You live your life as a clown. You seem to be something on the outside, but you are totally a different person inside. And the saddest of all, you know the real you. And you are getting tired of playing games with your life and eternity.

This message is not a popular message today with people. People really try to avoid someone sharing this message with them. Because it reveals the lie that they have lived for so long. They live at home in this way until one day they are revealed that they are alive in Christ Jesus. And receive boldness to stand up for their belief in Jesus Christ. And then they are set free from the bondage of living a lie.

God has drawn a line in the sand. We all must choose which side of the line we stand. We are either for God or we are against Him. Choose this day whom you will serve. God is not playing around with us when he says in the (Revelation 3:16) a person who lives a life of lukewarm makes him sick to his stomach. We can not straddle the fence anymore. Because we are afraid people will laugh at us and think we are weird or something because we are Christians.

This message is also for lukewarm Preachers and believers who take part in these rich churches of (Revelation 3:14-22) that are known as the rich church of Laodicea. You know them, those who teach that you sow a seed cash to their church, and get a blessing from God in exchange for wealth, for your tithes. This is known today as the prosperity gospel. The gospel of greed.

In (Revelation 3:14-22) we read in the church of Laodicea.

14. And Angel Eternal Church of Laodicea: Thus says Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation;

15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot, I would thou wert cold or hot.

16. Now, since you are lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth.

17. Because thou sayest I am rich, and increased property, and I want nothing, and knowest not that thou art wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked;

18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold refined by fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear, and anoint thine eyes eye drops can be seen.

19. Like everyone I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20. Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and opens the door, I will come, and will sup with him and he with me.

21. Whoever wins, I grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and I ride with my Father on his throne.

22nd Whoever has ears, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

We, the body of Christ can not serve the world's wealth and God. We will hate one and love the other. Or love one and hate the other. You can not serve two masters. You can not love the world and God at the same time. This is what Jesus warns us about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment